I know it’s shocking but…
90% of Pitching is Mental.
If you are looking for quick fix to becoming an Elite, Mentally Tough Pitcher…
You need to look for coaching advice somewhere else.
But I have a feeling that You know that there is no quick fix to being a Dominating, Mentally Tough Pitcher.
If I am right about You…Keep on Reading
The Real Truth
I didn’t invent pitching. But, you probably already knew that.
You need to Trust that the Coaching and Training you get is going to help you be a better pitcher.
I get that and wouldn’t have it any other way.
So first, let’s get rid of all the excuses.
- Mental Toughness is a learned behavior (You Can Do It.)
- Confidence is the foundation of mental toughness
- Knowledge and Trust is the source of our Confidence
Now that we know that knowledge is the source of our confidence we have to figure out what information we need to learn to develop mental toughness.
Ask Yourself the following questions.
- Do you know what it takes to be an elite pitcher?
- Do you have your pitching mechanics on video?
- Do you have a Pre-Season, In-Season and Post Season Strength and Conditioning program?
- Do You have a Pre-Season, In-Season and Post season throwing program.
- Do you have a detailed pre-game routine?
- Do you have a detailed pre-pitch routine?
- Do you have a detailed post game routine?
- Do you use scouting reports to prepare for each team?
- Do you have a game day pitching plan for each team?
- Do you practice fielding your position as a pitcher?
- Do you use visualization to prepare for each game?
- Do you know if your pitching coach is helping you?
The trust and confidence that you have in each of these aspects make up the Mental Side of Pitching.
The only way you will ever be a mentally tough pitcher is if you take the time to learn and practice what it takes to confidently throw great pitches in real games.
The Mental Side of Pitching is every aspect of how you prepare to pitch.
Mental Toughness is the result of that preparation combined with your competitiveness, ability to remain poised under pressure and the ability to pitch through adversity.
Preparation is the heart and soul of mental toughness.
How do you prepare?