Do you have the qualities that pitchers are looking for in a Pitching Coach?
- Will you be a good leader?
- Can they trust you?
- Will you have patience with them?
- Can you motivate them?
- Do you have a passion for pitching?
- Are you respectful?
- Do you have strong character?
- Can you inspire hope, faith and belief?
- Do you have a good work ethic?
- You can never quit on them.
- Are you a coach that stands up for them?
- Can you help them reach their dreams?
- Do you have a program, plan and/or system for them?
A Coach can have a powerful impact on a young pitcher’s development and career if the pitcher trusts you.
10 Important Focus Points
- Learning to be a great pitcher or pitching coach doesn’t happen overnight.
- Learn pitching principles and fundamental pitching mechanics.
- Take ownership of your coaching career.
- Keep it simple.
- Too many pitching coaches and pitching gurus are killing these pitchers with information overload.
- Create a plan to introduce information in learn-able stages so the pitcher will be able to…Learn it, Practice it and then Perform it.
- Don’t get caught up in mindless debate about pitching philosophies.
- Learn what it takes to be great, then teach it to your pitchers.
- Motivate pitchers to do something. Uninformed pitchers will do nothing.
- Getting started will be the hardest part.
Learning to pitch is a long-term process of trials and errors.
Pitchers who can’t handle failure will not have a long pitching career.
If you can teach pitchers to have repeatable power pitching mechanics you will already be miles ahead of the game.
Pitching starts with the…
- Understanding of the Mental Side of Pitching,
- Fundamental pitching mechanics
- Having a detailed strength and conditioning program.
If you can do that then you will help eliminate many of the major causes of most pitching arm injuries.
Being a Great Pitching Coach isn’t always about being right.
It’s about being committed, motivated and a great leader of young men.
Are You committed, motivated and a great leader of young pitchers?