Do you have a Pitcher’s CMA?
It’s a secret code that is found in the most successful Pitchers.
The 3 Secret Characteristics of Great Pitchers
- Action Plan
Most great pitchers have mastered the T.M.E. Principle.
They understand how much Time, Money and Energy they need to spend to become a great pitcher.
Without the commitment of Time, Money and Energy you will never reach your maximum potential.
Secret : Don’t spend the “M.” until you are committed to “T” and “E”.
I didn’t have a Major League Mindset when I played in the Phillies Minor League system. I believe it was the biggest reason my career ended the way it did.
To develop a Major League Mindset you have to focus on 3 keys aspects of your commitment.
- Motivation. Why do you want to be a pitcher?
- Desire. What do you want to accomplish as a pitcher?
- Belief System. How do you build the Faith, Trust and Confidence in yourself to be a great pitcher?
I wish I would have spent more time on these 3 key aspects. Instead of trying to things the hard way(often the wrong way), I should have taken a Test,Track and Tweak approach and then I would have been more open to trying to learn and master new skills and pitches.
Secret: I can’t emphasize enough the importance of developing a Major League Mindset.
There are 5 critical pieces to every successful action plan.
- The “PMVC” Principle. Everything you do should be about Pitch Velocity, Movement and Command.
- Pitching Mechanics. Developing repeatable Power Pitching Mechanics.
- Strength and Conditioning. Pitcher specific Preseason, In season and Off-season workouts.
- Pitches and Practice Routines. Master 2 or 3 pitches and highly focused bullpen training sessions.
- Game Day Preparation. Developing a Pre-Game Routine, In Game Routine and Post Game Routine.
Secret: Without a plan, there is not action. And failure will soon follow.
Your DNA can’t get you to the Major Leagues, but Your CMA can.
Are You Committed?
Do You have a Major League Mindset?
What’s Your Action Plan?
This Off-Season focus on Your CMA.[addlink url=”http://pitchinghabits.com” text=”Do You Have the Mental Makeup Pro Scouts Look For?”]