There are a LOT of Pitching Coaches to choose from.
And unfortunately, some are as persuasive as they are bogus.
Too many parents and pitchers have been suckered by a FEW of them.
And wasted a TON of money.
There are Young Pitchers and Parents looking for a Pitching Coach now.
And maybe you’re confused on what those young pitchers and parents are looking for in a Pitching Coach.
If that’s the case, the following is a list of questions you should ALWAYS be able to answer for any Pitcher or Parent that is looking to hire you as their Pitching Coach.
- Do You have a complete Pitching Action Plan for them. (Very important if you want to be an Elite Pitching Coach)
- Do You understand and teach the Mental Side of Pitching?
- Do You have a Pre-Season and In Season Throwing Program for them?
- Do You video your practice bullpen throwing sessions?
- Do You chart your bullpen throwing sessions to track their progress?
- Can You teach Power Pitching Mechanics?
- Do You have a Pitcher Specific Strength & Conditioning Program for them?
Very important questions to be able to answer.
And as a Pitching Coach if you can’t answer “yes” to all of these questions… then Parents and Pitchers will RUN!
Trust me, they will end up mad and you’ll simply end up frustrated.
Have a focused, easy to understand (Not necessarily easy to do) training program and you can build a trust they will happily pay you for.
By the way, this is also true for any Summer Ball, High School, College or Pro Pitching Coaches anywhere that work with young pitchers.
It’s not the easiest way to train pitchers, but it is the best.
What are you doing?