I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas.
With the New Year upon us I can’t wait to see what 2012 has in store you.
I am not a big fan of resolutions, but I am a Huge fan of making permanent long-term positive commitments.
Here are my 5 Biggest commitments I hope every pitcher (YOU) makes in 2012.
- Commit to having a Great Attitude. Your attitude goes a long way in defining who you are and what coaches see in you.
- Commit to having a Great Work Ethic. Don’t always look for the easiest way, most of the time it is not the most rewarding.
- Commit to Arm Healthy Mechanics. Make it a Huge priority to learn proper pitching mechanics, it is a difference maker.
- Commit to be a Year Round Pitcher. It takes a year round strength and conditioning program to be the BEST you can be.
- Commit to be Mentally Tough. Study the 3 aspects of the mental side of pitching. Knowledge, Thought Process and Emotions.
I know there are many more commitments that we all need to make to be better pitchers and coaches.
If you start with these 5, You will find that everything else that we need to do to be successful pitchers and coaches will all make sense.
So here is to a great 2012.
I hope each and every one of you have a safe New Year’s Eve.
P.S. Starting Monday it’s time to go to work. I will be posting weekly (my 8 week) preseason throwing plan for High School Pitchers. Lets start 2012 off with a commitment to prevent every pitching arm injury we can.